|resources:||Home Mailing List Documentation Installation Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
A short user's documentation
Move inside the user interface
When MozBraille is installed, you can use mozilla normally with the mouse, shortkeys (you can find the shortkeys list here), caret (cursor) and with the "Find as you type" function. For each action MozBraille changes the three outputs.
MozBraille offers you an another way to move inside interface (ie : XUL) and inside HTML document. To do that you have some actions :
- alt-n: Display the next element on the three views and move the cursor.
- alt-shif-n: Display the previous element.
- alt-l: Display the next Braille zone on the Braille output and move the cursor.
- alt-shift-l: Display the previous Braille zone.
- alt-m: Display the next header in the document on the three views and move the cursor
- alt-shift-n: Display the previous header in the document
- alt-p: Display the next paragraph in the document on the three views and move the cursor
- alt-shift-p: Display the previous paragraph in the document
Action on an element
Some XUL or HTML element can do some actions. For example, a link can do the "jump" action. To know the different actions you can open the element configuration window (look this screenshot) . To use those actions you have four shortkeys:
- alt-1: Do the action number 1 on the node under the cursor.
- alt-2: Do the action number 2 on the node under the cursor.
- alt-3: Do the action number 3 on the node under the cursor.
- alt-4: Do the action number 4 on the node under the cursor.
Text to speech command
- alt--: Stop the text to speech
- alt-+: Speech what is write on the Braille output.
Outputs configuration for element
To configure the element under your cursor you have to use this action :
alt-c: Configure the node under the cursor. This action display this windows :
As you can see on this screenshot, you can change what is displayed on the three outputs for each element. For that you have to use a simple language in three strings. It's composed with some properties. Each property is represented as "%C" string where C is a character. Properties depend of the element and are displayed in the config window. there are three particulars properties:
- %c : is replaced by the childs string element.
- %A : Include the element attribute. For example with a link elemnt, %Ahref%A in the string is replaced by the value of the href attribute.
- %t : is replaced by the element tag name.
MozBraille configurationTo configure MozBraille in general, you have to open the configuration window by clicking on MozBraille config in the window menu.
You can enable or disabled MozBraille and there are five tabs :
The General tab
With the chechbox you can enable or disbale the blinking on the mozilla view (ie : on the browser).
The braille tab
On this tab you can choose the kind of Braille terminal:
- Virtual with the fake. With this choice only the number of cells can be modified.
Real with libbraille . After that you can configure libbraille : drivers, port, braille table.
The big Char view tabNOT AVAILABLE FOR THE MOMENT
The text to speech tabWith the text to speech tab, you can choose the default voice, the rate (the speed) and volume of the text to speech
Braille keys configuration
With this tab you can configure braille key shortcut to activate all the actions defined in this document. To do that :
- go to the good button and press it.
- "click a button on your braille terminal" is displayed on the braille terminal
- click on a button on your Braille terminal.
- Normally a code in nthe corresponding textbox has changed.
- Click on the save button and restart your browser